contact our family support worker
We have a family support worker to provide practical and emotional support for parents, carers and young people with IBD. Please do get in touch if you would like to talk to Laura about your situation and/or if you have any ideas/experiences you wish to share with her.
Our family support worker is also available to talk Monday and Thursday evening 7-9pm each week, 020 8949 6209.
You can call Laura to talk about:
- emotional issues for young people or parents
- advice/support around specific issues, like school attendance
- finding local services that may be available to support you
- liaising with schools to ensure they are supporting you/your child as effectively as they can
- advocating for you with professionals where there may be misunderstanding of the impact of IBD or your family’s needs
- talking about your experience and having a friendly person to chat with
- worries about your child and how they are coping
Our membership is free and includes easy to understand booklets and leaflets for parents, teachers and young people with IBD, ‘can’t wait’ cards for children to help explain the condition when in urgent need of toilet facilities, an epal scheme for children and young people to chat and support each other by email and the Insider newsletter twice a year.
We also run several email support groups, to help parents and young people connect with others in a similar situation.