Saturday 23rd March 2019 - Plymouth
Saturday 8th June 2019 - Glasgow
Saturday 6th July - Newcastle
Our Family Days are suitable for both families of newly diagnosed children and those that have had the condition for some time. To reserve places, please contact Jayne by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
you are not alone
When dealing with a new diagnosis, or struggling with the realities of an ongoing condition, knowing you are not alone can make an enormous difference. CICRA's family information days have provided a significant amount of information and reassurance to families dealing with IBD.
We hold up to five IBD family information days each year in various locations around the UK. The friendly and supportive meetings offer a unique opportunity to:
- Listen to presentations and ask questions directly to specialists who treat children with IBD.
- Meet and chat to other families in a similar situation.
- Listen to children talk about living with the condition.
Listen to short talks from specialists who treat children with IBD, this can include Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologists, Psychologists, IBD Nurse Specialists, Dieticians and Surgeons. An opportunity to ask questions in small groups directly to the specialists, topics may include:
- Living & coping with IBD - focusing on psychological issues
- Treatment, medication & surgery
- The importance of diet & nutrition in IBD
- Transition from paediatric to adult services
- Specialist sessions for families who have a child with Very Early Onset IBD (VEOIBD)
- Friendly informal sessions to listen, chat and share experiences with other young people in a similar situation
- Professional children's entertainer for the under 10's
Register for more information about IBD Family Information Days
Our IBD Family Information Days are very popular and we have a limit on the number of places of available, if you would like to register your interest or find out more, please contact Jayne at the CICRA office. E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: 020 8949 6209register interest in IBD information days