CICRA welcomes applications for small grants of up to £400 to enable UK based trainees/nurses/medical students and similar persons with an interest in the area of Crohn's and colitis (IBD) to participate in appropriate scientific/educational congresses etc.
An amount of £5000 is set aside annually. A maximum of £1250 will be allocated in each of the four quarters of the year: 1 January - 31 March; 1 April - 30 June; 1 July - 30 September; 1 October - 31 December. Amounts unallocated in the previous 3 months will be carried forward and can be made available in subsequent quarters.
The small grant awards will be made at the discretion of CICRA trustees with, if necessary, appropriate advice from medical advisors, but will not be part of our normal peer review.
Please note that in view of the charity's aims, paediatric interests may carry a higher ranking when assessing the application for small grants.
fill in our online application form for a small grantapplication forms
John Earnshaw bursary awards
Following the receipt of a generous unrestricted legacy in 2012 from the estate of the late John Earnshaw and in agreement with his family, CICRA established this special bursary to provide grants of up to £1,000 specifically to enable CICRA funded Research Fellows, and others in training in the area of Paediatric IBD, to support their attendance at UK and international scientific/educational congresses, and if appropriate IBD related training courses.
As in the case of the CICRA small grants scheme, John Earnshaw bursaries will be made at the discretion of CICRA trustees with, if necessary, appropriate advice from medical advisors, but will not be part of normal peer review.
Please note that:
- reimbursement of up to a maximum of £1,000 will be made only towards the cost of reasonable accommodation costs, economy travel and in funding reduced registration fees
- the grant will only be awarded prior to the event taking place. Please note that bursary applications must be received at least two months before the UK or international scientific/educational meeting or IBD related training course
- reimbursement will be made on presentation of invoices/receipts, together with a Certificate of Attendance (photocopies of certificate acceptable) but no later than 3 months after the event
- only one grant per person will be awarded in any one calendar year
- successful applicants are expected to provide CICRA with a short report to a maximum of 300 words about an interesting topic and/or discussion held during the meeting/course. This lay report must be suitable for publication by CICRA (at their choice) in the charity’s newsletters