Laura, our family support worker, can help you by:
- supporting parents/carers and young people affected by IBD on a regular or occasional basis depending what you need#
- offering advice/support around specific issues, or to provide ongoing emotional support over the telephone or online
- helping find local services that may be available to support you
- liaising with schools to ensure they are supporting you/your child as effectively as they can
- advocating for you with professionals where there may be misunderstanding of the impact of IBD or your family’s needs
- understanding your experiences and working with hospitals/other professionals to ensure that we are continually improving the support CICRA offers to families living with IBD
- workshops and support groups for families both online and in some locations face to face
The support on offer is not restricted to any one thing. Whatever your challenges, worries or questions, please get in touch. If Laura can’t help directly, she will find a way of getting the information/support you need, it is often out there if not always easy to find!
Don’t struggle on your own because you think you have to! Please get in touch.
Connect with Laura:
contact our family support worker
We have a family support worker to provide practical and emotional support for parents, carers and young people with IBD. Please do get in touch if you would like to talk to Laura about your situation and/or if you have any ideas/experiences you wish to share with her.email our family support worker