Saturday 7th March 2015.
For more information and to secure your place, call 020 8949 6209 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The meeting is for children and young adults with Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Colitis, and their families, to listen to talks from clinical and scientific specialists in paediatric IBD. You will have the opportunity to meet and ask questions of medical professionals, members of the CICRA team and other families in a similar situation. In the afternoon we have a session for young children with an entertainer, an informal session for teenagers and a session for age 16+.
We have a limit on the number of places available and regret that tickets will not be available at the door, all places must be reserved in advance. There is no cost to attend the meeting, refreshments and a buffet lunch will be provided.
Contact Jayne at the CICRA for more information and to secure your place.
Feedback received from families that attended a CICRA IBD Family Information Day in 2014:
- We came away from the day feeling like we were not alone and had some good solid information to help us support our daughter. Invaluable!
- I would thoroughly recommend the CICRA Family Day to anybody that has a child with Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Colitis
- The presentations in the morning were well pitched for the audience, informative and interesting. My daughter came away very positive and fascinated by the similarities and differences of people’s experiences and presentations, and the day built on her ‘everything is still possible’ attitude and we are grateful for that. I don’t think the day could have been improved upon for her.
- I would like to say a massive THANK YOU for Saturday, it was a great day. Everybody was so friendly and welcoming. We all came away very positive with lots of information.
- It was good to have the opportunity to be part of the CICRA Family Day, and to reflect on the good work being done by many to improve the lives of others, it gave us both heart and hope for the future. Thank you.
- My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed the Family Information Day, and I was impressed by the level of organisation, and the commitment of the CICRA leaders and the guest speakers who presented and facilitated workshops.
- All the speakers were useful in covering different aspects of what patients’ and their families need to know about the disease and also giving support and more importantly, hope.
- Information was good from the professionals and a chance to ask questions. All the sessions I attended were excellent. It was a privilege to be able to chat to the clever, talented doctors and scientists in such a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and to learn from their answers to the many questions asked.
- This was our first CICRA day but we will be coming again! So much support and information in a lovely relaxed atmosphere.
- The over-riding feeling for the whole day was warm, welcoming, reassuring and above all POSITIVE! That was the message we took home with us, a positive feeling that no matter how bad things get there is a way to cope, somebody to help sort things medically and a way forward.
- WOW, fantastic day with mountains of information, loads of thanks to the team behind all the organisation. We really feel supported and full of hope.